Songs of Life, Love & Laughter

Everything from kids to karaoke....these are my petty ramblings

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What's Meatloaf Got To Do With It

The Perfect Man and I run karaoke at a local bar on Saturday nights. I have a good friend, Devlin, who likes to come out and lend his fantabulous voice to the chorus of other wanna-be stars.

A few weeks ago, it was a slow night so I started and round of karaoke roulette and Devlin partook. The rules are simple: the audience picks a disc number, then a track number and that's the song you sing. Devlin was lucky enough to get "Two Outa Three Ain't Bad" for his roulette turn. It's a song I hadn't heard in a very long time.

For the next several days, I heard Two Outa Three Ain't Bad on my radio station at work.

This past weekend, Devlin came out to karaoke again. This time he picked Tina Turner's "What's Love Got To Do With It" on his own.

I kid you not -- I heard it yesterday on the radio and then again today.

Devlin, I haven't heard CCR's "Proud Mary" in a while. How about you come out and sing it this weekend and we'll see what happens.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 27, 2007 at 8:11 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could try Proud Mary but it probably sound more like the Tina Turner version!!
Notice I sing all these songs that you hear on the radio but I can sing my diva Olivia Newton-John's songs until Im blue in the face and they still dont play her on the damn radio!! Sorry lost my cool there.. i'll get off my soap box now,
love you Kim, thanks for the mention
Long live Xanadu!!!

 
At January 29, 2007 at 8:41 a.m. , Blogger Bernie said...

I also have the Tina Turner version, so carry on.

Have you checked out Grease! You're the One That I Want? Olivia was on last night as a judge.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home