Songs of Life, Love & Laughter

Everything from kids to karaoke....these are my petty ramblings

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dreams of Sugar Plums?

When my brother and I were younger, we watched a movie called "Trilogy of Terror". We missed the first two segments and were watching the third one about a little Zuni warrior doll that came to life when its belt came off. This thing terrorized Karen Black with it’s razor sharp teeth, and it’s huge butcher knife. Mom told us to turn it off but we begged her to let us watch. After we promised that we would go right to sleep, she gave in.

My brother and I went right to bed after watching the movie. The landing at the top of the stairs had a three foot by three foot landing with the bathroom at the head, my bedroom to the right, and my brother’s to the left. We sat in our bedroom doorways trying to convince each other that our various dolls and action figures weren’t coming to life in the dark. We were way too terrified to go to sleep.

Then, the hallway light came on, so we scooted into our respective beds. Mom came up and went into the bathroom. When she was done, she came out and I saw her crouch on the landing. She pulled a big ass butcher knife from behind her back. She plunged the knife into the carpet, and twisted it back out and up again. Plunged down, twisted out. Over and over. She opened her mouth into a wide evil grin showing us her razor sharp (plastic toy vampire) teeth and she said, "You kids go to sleep, or I’m going to get you".

Yeah, we screamed. Loud. And long. My brother practically climbed the wall he was so scared and I did my best to turn away from my mother while still trying to keep my eyes on her. Linda Blair would have been proud.

The surprising thing is that I still love scary movies. The scarier, the better. I guess it just makes me feel closer to mom.....

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 11, 2007 at 11:40 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we've talked about this before but that movie is so vivid in my mind...that little bugger scared the bejesus out of me for a long time...I remember she threw him out the window in the suitcase but did she also flush him?..C

 
At January 12, 2007 at 8:17 a.m. , Blogger Bernie said...

She put him in a suitcase, tried to drown him in the bath tub and put him in the oven on broil.

I'm not sure what scared me more. That little bugger or my mother....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home