Songs of Life, Love & Laughter

Everything from kids to karaoke....these are my petty ramblings

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Vision of Cable on the Mounain

I recently moved from the west mountain to the east mountain. I was happy to learn that I was going to be in the service area of the cable and internet company I had been dealing with on the west mountain. I had been with them for 15 years and I thought there would be some warm, fuzzy customer appreication coming my way for staying with them.

I called and spoke to one of their front-desk drones and was told that it would cost me $64.00 to transfer my service from one residence to the other. I reminded her that I had been a customer for 15 years and that they were giving new customers free installation and incentives. Her response was a condescending, "I'm sure you got something free when you joined."

CHOKE!!!

"It was so long ago, I can't remember."

I called the manager. I told her I wasn't looking for any of the incentives they were offering new customers, but I didn't want to pay the $64.00 to transfer. She said, "Oh, you've been with us a long time. That counts for something." Ah sweet blessed satisfaction. Then she said, "We can let you transfer for $35.00."

BLINK

The Perfect Man then called the cable company because his name and mine are different. "Hi. I'm a new customer and I want to set up cable and internet........"

Free installation and three months free internet and digital cable.

Idiots!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2007 at 4:09 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable.

Customer loyalty means squat these days. It's a damn shame. How quickly they forget their roots huh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home