Songs of Life, Love & Laughter

Everything from kids to karaoke....these are my petty ramblings

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A name by any other name

I had to call the Adult one day to discuss the issue of transferring our previous matrimonial home into my name. I could hear the Current Mrs. Adult in the background "Tell her this. Tell her that" At the end of the call, the Adult said, "So, about the name. When are you going to change it?"

THUNK.....(((picks up bottom jaw from floor)))

Change my name? The name I've had since 1991?

"You can go back to using your maiden name", he thoughtfully suggested.

second THUNK.....

I calmly told him that the very fact that he could even suggest going back to my father's name was part of the reason he and I were no longer together.

I then told him that I was entitled to use the name and not to worry, although it was mine name first, I didn't mind a bit that the Current Mrs. Adult was using it as well.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 12, 2006 at 7:39 p.m. , Blogger superkev said...

lesser of two evils, huh?

 
At December 13, 2006 at 8:35 a.m. , Blogger Bernie said...

Until recently, there were never really any bad feelings associated with the name.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home