Songs of Life, Love & Laughter

Everything from kids to karaoke....these are my petty ramblings

Thursday, December 14, 2006

CAT-astrophe

I have a beautiful pure white cat named Winnie. Winnie is a female cat caught in a male cat's body. He grooms the other cats and takes care of them. He is very gentle and he sleeps with me and uses my head as a pillow. Winnie was a stray when we got him and hasn't spent a single day outside since we took him in some 7 years ago.

Winnie has been pretty skittish because we have suitcases out because we're packing for Cuba. Winnie hates travelling in the car. Each time he walks by us, he does his little "dodge-sidestep-trying to hide" shuffle and his eyes beg us "Please don't make me go in the car".

At 6:00 am this morning, Winnie bolted out the door when I let our other cat out. The following two hours rank among the the worst two hours of my life. I kept spotting him but he bolted each time he saw me. Did I mention, Winnie really hates being taken anywhere in the car?

With the help of a new (wonderful, beautiful) neighbour, we managed to corner Winnie in her backyard and he is now home safe and sound, although maybe a little bruised from the hugging.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home