Songs of Life, Love & Laughter

Everything from kids to karaoke....these are my petty ramblings

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Matter of Mittens

Yesterday on my way home from work, a woman ("Disgruntled Woman") got on the bus and stopped behind another woman (Mom-Woman") with a large baby buggy, that was stopped near the front of the bus. Mom-Woman had the buggy pushed as far over to the side as she could get it and there really was quite a bit of room to get around it. She was prevented from moving foward because of two other equally large baby buggies.

It did not matter to Disgruntled Woman that Mom-Woman had nowhere to go. She kept standing behind her and yelling at her to move her buggy. She finally did go around her and found a seat sitting across from me, where she loudly announced to all who were listening that Mom-Woman was a f**king b*tch and she should have known that she (Disgrungled Woman) was hit by a car ON HER BIRTHDAY!!! and had four cracked ribs. This tirated kept up for a while until one of the other mother's on the bus told her to watch her language.

Disgruntled Woman switched topics to tell the gentleman in front of her (I think she knew him) about all the people in her family who had died recently. She finished that amusing tale by asking said gentleman if he could "trust" her for half a pound of cheese until she got her cheque the next day. I didn't hear his answer and it was finally time for me to get off that bus so I could catch the next.

Disgruntled Woman was getting off the bus at the same stop as me. I got up behind her and I noticed that she had one of her mittens barely hanging out of her pocket and was about to lose it. The bus had stopped and the doors were opened and I gently tapped her on the shoulder and said, "Excuse Me".

She whipped around and started yelling "I know. I know. I'm getting off the f**king bus. You don't have to be in such a f**king rush."

I smiled sweetly and pointed to her mitten and said, "I only wanted to tell you that your mitten is falling out of your coat."

"Oh" was all she said and she exited the bus.

Everyone around me was smiling as I called out "Have a nice day".

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 8, 2007 at 6:40 p.m. , Blogger Unknown said...

tee hee.

 
At February 9, 2007 at 8:15 a.m. , Blogger Bernie said...

You are the one I figured would have the most appreciation for this story.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home