Songs of Life, Love & Laughter

Everything from kids to karaoke....these are my petty ramblings

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Attic Attack



This is Lisa and her husband Brad (Lisa is the one on the right). Lisa currently lives in Montreal. Before that, she lived in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

This weekend, Lisa was in Hamilton and I got to spend time with her and her three adorable children (two of whom I had never met before). Lisa and I were best friends growing up. She was my Maid of Honour when I married The Blob, but I promised not to hold that against her.

When we were young, we used to tell people we were twins (yes, we looked that much alike). As we got older and started not to look like each other, we told people we were sisters. In fact, once when we were in Florida together, we were the daughters of a rich Texan oil tycoon, complete with cheesy Texan accents.

When I was about 12 and Lisa was about 10, my family moved into a new house and the entrance to the attic was in my room. It was a piece of plywood over the hole in the ceiling and it was just inside the doorway to my room. When it was windy, the plywood would rattle and jump. Lisa used to sleep over quite a bit. One morning, when I woke up it was very windy outside. I woke Lisa up and told her that I had been practicing moving things with my mind, but that I was not very good at it and I needed her help. I told her I was trying to lift the cover on the attic and I asked her to concentrate on doing it. It didn't take long.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Her scream woke my parents. It was worth it though to watch Lisa try to work out the dilemma. "How the hell do I get out of this room without running under the attic?"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home