Songs of Life, Love & Laughter

Everything from kids to karaoke....these are my petty ramblings

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

You Say Potato

When I was in grade one, my parents bought a camping trailer. After school on a Friday, we packed up the car and we headed off for a fun-filled weekend of camping. I caught my first fish that weekend. On Sunday, we packed the car back up and headed home; exhausted, but happy.

My teacher had us all tell each other what we did on the weekend. When my turn arrived, this exchange took place (more or less):

Me: We took our new trailer [from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada] to California for the weekend.

Teacher: You took your trailer where?

Me: California.

Teacher: I don't think that's possible, Kimberly. California is too far away.

Me: No it's not. That's where we went.

The teacher allowed me to continue my tale and I told everyone about my fish.

She was perplexed though. Before that day, I was not generally known to tell "stories" so she called my mom. She asked my mom why on earth I would be insisting tha we had driven to California for the weekend. Mom started laughing hysterically.

"We didn't go to California for the weekend. We went to Caledonia."

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 8, 2007 at 6:36 p.m. , Blogger Unknown said...

I had a similar story about the time my high school shop teacher and I went to "Inappropriate Touching Land". Turns out, it was just a motel room on Highway 6.

 
At February 9, 2007 at 8:16 a.m. , Blogger Bernie said...

{{{shiver}}}

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home