Songs of Life, Love & Laughter

Everything from kids to karaoke....these are my petty ramblings

Friday, February 23, 2007

Hard To Digest

When Crystal was little, I took her and her brother to Swiss Chalet. I ordered a kid's chicken dinner for each of them. Crystal was a very picky eater and I had to constantly encourage her to eat more. The kid's meal at Swiss Chalet comes with a kid-sized sundae so I used that, "C'mon Crystal, just three more bites and you can have some ice cream." It worked. And she didn't know her numbers yet so I actually tricked her into "three more bites" a couple of times.

Finally, I deemed that she had eaten enough and I let the waitress clear her plate away. The waitress said, "You did really well. Would you like your ice cream sundae?"

Crystal's little bottom lip started to quiver and a huge tear welled up in one eye and slowly slid down one cheek and she said, "I want my ice cream now."

Crystal was still too young to understand the concept of the days of the week; however, she did know the word "someday" and to her "someday" meant any day that was not "right now".

Note: I was in the doctor's office one day leafing through an old copy of Reader's Digest and what do I find? My story. This story. Someone else got paid for my experience. Grrr! Oh well, she got the money for the story. I have Crystal and the many memories we have together. I win!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home