Songs of Life, Love & Laughter

Everything from kids to karaoke....these are my petty ramblings

Monday, April 21, 2008

Bull on a China Stop

At 2:45 pm this afternoon, my life ended.

Okay, nothing so dramatic. The Perfect Man left for China and will be gone until Sunday. Almost a complete week apart. I can't count the number of people that have said "Oh, it's only a week. I'd welcome the break" or words to that effect and always with a hint of jealously - "You lucky dog" written all over their faces. I don't understand that attitude. I really don't. I understand the whole needing space and needing your own time. I enjoy it -- in small doses. But eventually I miss him like crazy. And that only takes about...oh....ten minutes or so.

And, of course, all those nasty thoughts have gone through my head about a jazillion times. You know the thoughts. I'm not going to give voice to them by writing them here but they are the worst possible thoughts to have when a loved one is about to get on an airplane. It doesn't help that this morning, we had "the talk". You know the one -- location of important papers, computer passwords, which cat gets his favourite shirt. -- that kind of thing. {{{{shudder}}}} A necessary evil, but necessary all the same.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I love The Perfect Man and I hope he has a very safe and happy trip.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 21, 2008 at 5:01 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geeze. If I'd known you'd be like that about it, I wouldn't have dropped him at "Billy Bob's Fly By Night To China Airline", with the key to a rented Pinto, and a ten dollar a night hooker wearing a "I HEART the Dali Lama" T-shirt!
But hey, what could possibly happen?

Evil Craig

 
At April 21, 2008 at 5:10 p.m. , Blogger Bernie said...

GIGGLE

I knew I could count on you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home